Start your day off right with a healthy and hearty breakfast! The best breakfast will be satisfying and nutrient-rich to fuel your morning and keep you satiated until lunchtime. Be sure your morning meal contains these breakfast essentials.
This is what keeps you full longer, helps your brain function better and helps to stabilize your blood sugar. Protein is the most important part of breakfast when it comes to fueling your body for the day.
- Eggs – 6 grams per egg
- Greek Yogurt – 15 grams per ½ cup plain yogurt
- Milk/Almond Milk – 8 grams per 8 ounces
- Peanut Butter – 8 grams per 2 tablespoons
- Oatmeal – 6 grams per ½ cup oats
Fiber keeps your digestive system working properly, keeps you full, and balances blood sugar. Luckily, whole grains are a great source of fiber. When you pair fiber with protein and healthy fats, your body works to break down whole grains slowly and efficiently.
- Whole Wheat Toast
- Whole Grain Muffins
- Pancakes/Waffles made with Oats or Whole Wheat Flour
Again, healthy fats help to keep you full, and help the condition of your skin, hair, brain function.
- Nuts/Nut Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Flax Seed
- Coconut Milk, Almond Milk, Regular
Including at least one serving of fruits and vegetables in your breakfast is an easy way to help you reach the recommended daily intake.
Ways To Add Fruits & Veggies To Breakfast:
- Smoothies – you can mix both fruits and vegetables for a refreshing drink
- Oatmeal – top with bananas or apples, or add carrots and raisins to create a Carrot Cake-like oatmeal
- Hash – try a sweet potato has for a hearty breakfast
- Frittata – use up leftover roasted vegetables for a veggie-filled dish
- Sandwiches – load up with different veggies and eggs
- Pancakes – top whole wheat pancakes with your favorite fruits
Prep The Night Before
By preparing your breakfast food the night before gives you one less thing you need to worry about in the morning. And if time is the main reason you skip breakfast in the morning, now you have no excuse.
What’s your favorite healthy breakfast? Share with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest! Be sure to join us for breakfast, served until 10:30am, six days a week (Monday-Friday 7:00am-4:00pm, Saturdays 8:00am-4:30pm). Visit us in store or have it delivered via DoorDash or UberEATS.