Shopping cart 0

National Grilled Cheese Month

National Grilled Cheese Day has come and gone (April 12), however, you can still celebrate and enjoy the greatness of the grilled cheese. The entire month of April is National Grilled Cheese Month. In honor of the gooey, grilled cheese greatness, Skout.com did a little research about how people feel about the grilled cheese. Here’s what they came up with:

A whopping 86% of the adults surveyed say they “love” grilled cheese sandwiches.

Of these grilled cheese fans, 60% say they prefer a grilled cheese sandwich that mixes two types of cheeses (We prefer three cheeses). Grilled cheese purists only make up 40%.

Speaking of cheese, here are the most popular: American (41%), Cheddar (33%), Mozzarella (10%), Swiss (8%), Provolone (6%), Brie (2%).

As far as bread choices go, here are the favorites: White Bread (51%), Wheat (29%), Sourdough (13%), Rye (4%), Baguette (3%).

To add or not to add? 47% say they like to add extras to their sandwich (ex. tomatoes, pesto), while the other 53% prefer cheese only.

Where do you stand when it comes to grilled cheese sandwiches? Love them? Hate them? We want to know! Share with us on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, LinkedIn, or Pinterest!

For our amazing 3-Cheese Grilled Cheese sandwich and other signature specialties, visit your neighborhood deli in Pomona. We’re located on the corner of Arrow Hwy & Garey Ave (105 E Arrow Hwy) and we’re open Monday-Friday 10:30am-7:30pm.